Friday 9 March 2012

A little bit about me

This is my first Blog. Hello World! So I thought I'd start with a bit about who I am for those who have stumbled across this and don't know me. That's me below, on holiday in the South of France, with the Med in the background. Hard to believe this was October!


The personal stuff:  I've been married for over 30 years to a lovely lady called Ann whose picture will no doubt make its way onto here at some time.  We've got two grown up kids who we are very proud of and we live in a beautiful part of England, on the edge of the South Downs National Park in Southern Hampshire.  I worked for many years in the computer industry, doing all sorts of things from designing and mending, product management, marketing and eventually ending up selling them. I was able to drop out of the rat race at an age young enough to enjoy life. And that is exactly what we try to do.


Interests - as this is mostly what this blog is going to be about:  Many and varied. Mostly focussed around photography and classic vehicles.  We've owned a few classic vehicles, ranging from the wacky and wild (like 3 1950's coaches at one time) to the rather more sensible, like a couple of Triumph cars (a TR6 and a 2000 saloon, since you ask!) Plus lots of involvement with a couple of car clubs and with the local bus museum in Portsmouth. And until recently, we owned a canal boat, but sold that due to a lack of time to use it.


So that's it.  First post completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment